Have Legal Concerns? Turn to Our Condominium and Homeowners Association Attorneys in Illinois

At the law firm of Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell, Ltd., our lawyers advise condominium and homeowner associations throughout the counties in northern Illinois.

While condominium units are owned individually, the facilities and common areas are owned and operated through the condominium or homeowners association. All owners must pay assessment fees for the common areas and abide by the association’s declaration, rules, and regulations. Our lawyers handle all types of issues that may arise in condominium and homeowners association law, including:

  • Drafting and reviewing governing documents that set forth covenants as to use and occupancy
  • Construction, operation, reconstruction, maintenance repair, and all vendor related contracts for these services
  • Handling representation of the association’s interest in unit owner evictions, collections, foreclosures, and bankruptcy activities
  • Litigation between individual owners and the association and between the association and contractors
  • Attorney review of sale and purchase contracts prior to closing
  • Representation in real estate law matters including tax protests, reductions, and evaluations
  • Complying with the Fair Housing Act and Americans with Disabilities Act

Typically, the association’s governing documents allow recovery of attorneys’ fees. There are Illinois court case decisions stating that the association is entitled to enforce its covenants, including the covenant to pay attorneys’ fees when it successfully enforces such covenants. Of course, the awarded amount of attorneys’ fees is at the discretion of the trial court and is never a certainty.

For More Information

Get the help you need from our condominium and homeowners law attorneys in Arlington Heights. We’re prepared to help solve your legal concerns. Call 847-593-5595 (Arlington Heights) or 312-924-1352 (Chicago), or fill out our online contact form located to the right, to discuss your issue related to a condominium or homeowners associations. A lawyer from Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell, Ltd. will be able to help.