In a perfect world, businesses would enter into contracts and each side would carry out its part of the agreement. At the law firm of Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell, Ltd., we understand that the world of business is not always perfect.
Our lawyers draft, review, and negotiate all types of business contracts for clients throughout corporate America. We also handle legal actions when one side commits a breach of contract.
Here are some examples of the many types of contracts our firm handles:
- Contracts for the sale or purchase of a business
- Employment contracts, including non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements, severance agreements, and protection of trade secrets
- Licensing contracts, including distribution and franchising
- Business loan contracts, including review and negotiation
- Real estate contracts for the sale or purchase of a home or commercial property
- Contracts for the sale of goods and services. These contracts typically involve conformity to quality, timeliness of delivery, and price of the goods and services
- Buy-sell and partnership agreements between principals in a corporation or limited liability company
- Condominium and homeowners association contracts with landscapers, suppliers, service companies, and construction contractors
If the other party does not carry out its obligations in a contract, you can seek relief for the damages you have suffered by the breach. Generally, you can enforce your rights under a contract in court, mediation, or binding arbitration. Our lawyers will help you determine the approach that is best for your situation.
Before you sign a contact, have the agreement or proposal reviewed by an attorney.
For more information about contracts, feel free to browse our Newsletters page.
For More Information
Get assistance for your legal needs regarding contracts from the contract law attorneys at Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell, Ltd. If you’d like to discuss your contract with one of our lawyers, simply call us at 847-593-5595 (Arlington Heights) or 312-924-1352 (Chicago) or fill out the form located to the right.