Marshall N. Dickler is the senior member of the firm.
Mr. Dickler’s practice encompasses representation of condominium and homeowner associations in all matters including litigation, commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation including construction, real estate tax disputes and challenges, zoning, collections, corporate acquisitions, divestitures, operation and litigation, healthcare organization, catastrophic injury litigation, nursing home negligence.
Mr. Dickler is a sustaining member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) and has lectured, taught, and participated in national and regional conferences and conventions since 1977, addressing many subjects dealing with condominiums, homeowners associations, corporations, real estate, insurance, and tax matters. Mr. Dickler is a former director and past president of the CAI-Illinois Chapter and a former trustee of the CAI-National Association.
Mr. Dickler was a member of the Seminar faculty. He is a member of the Annual CAI National Law Seminar, College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL). He is a member of ACTHA (Associations of Condominium, Townhouse, and Homeowners Associations) and has spoken at their programs. Additionally, Mr. Dickler is the author of three chapters on Condominium and Homeowners Association Litigation for the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE). Mr. Dickler has lectured statewide about the subject matter of these chapters to members of the Illinois Bar, and he was a special advisor to the IICLE for its real estate publications and lectures. Mr. Dickler has many years of experience providing all aspects of legal assistance to businesses, including providing financial advice to small and large businesses and corporations.
He was—and is—counsel to a number of major For-Profit and Not-for-Profit organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and construction. He has been counsel to, and performed commercial collection and work for, a major national collection agency. He is also counsel to a national medical products supply company.
Mr. Dickler is admitted to the Illinois Bar; he is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Appellate Court for the Seventh Circuit, the Federal Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois, and the Court of Customs and Patent Appeals. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association, and American Bar Association. Mr. Dickler has been selected by peers and added as a member of the Leading Lawyers.
In addition to being an attorney, Mr. Dickler is an electrical engineer by education and experience. Mr. Dickler practiced as an electrical engineer for six (6) years and during part of that time, attended law school at John Marshall in Chicago, Illinois. He is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and has practiced as a patent attorney. Mr. Dickler’s practical engineering background is of great value in understanding technical problems involved with the construction, operation, reconstruction, and repair in structures such as multi-unit residential buildings.
- 2011 CAI, Service Award
- CAI Illinois Olypus Award honoring the profound influence on the development of CAI Illinois
- Selected by peers as a Leading Lawyer
- 30% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1969
- U.S. Federal Court, 1969
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois – Juris Doctorate
- University of Illinois, Urbana – Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Seminar Speaker and Radio Commentator on various issues with respect to the Illinois Condominium
- Property Act and Association of Condominium, Townhouse, and Homeowners Associations (Chicago)
- CAI National & Local, CAI Law Seminars, ACTHA & CAI conferences, trade shows and programs
- Community Associations Institute, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Member
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- ACTHA Member
- American Association for Justice (American Trial Lawyers)
- CAI-Illinois Chapter, Former Director & Past President
- CAI-National Association, Former Trustee